What is the best way to get a prototype for design and engineering verification? Concept models are very helpful. When you progress with your project, a prototype design that has the intended size, finish, and color, shape, strength, durability and material characteristics as the final product becomes increasingly important. Therefore, using the right design prototyping process that has the key elements of functionality, manufacturability and viability is critical. WayKen devote to prototype engineering, provide prototyping and model production, plastic product design silicone mold vacuum casting and so on.
Design & Engineering Verification
VERIFY YOUR DESIGN AND ENGINEERING WITH TOUGH, PRECISE TESTING
– A Premier physical model made to demonstrate an idea.
Proof of concept prototype allows people from different industries to review
the concept, stimulate idea and then discuss to get acceptance or test
Important concept model attributes:
Speed – short time to convert a 3D file into a physical model.
Appearance – any visual attribute – color, texture, size, shape, etc.
ASSEMBLY / FORM FIT TEST
–Put the parts together and then assemble, to see if they fit properly, this can
be easily achieved by our product design model making. This model checks
design errors, dimensional differences and tolerances. Obviously any test
comes to tolerances needs to use the prototyping manufacturing process.
Important prototyping attributes:
Form –shape of the part – cosmetic and size
Fit – how the part mates with other parts.
– Seeing how a part or assembly will operate when subjected to different testing specifications. We will see its actual application and reliability. Important prototyping among the engineering prototype services attributes: Chemical Resistance – resistance to chemicals including acids, bases, hydrocarbons, fuels, etc. Mechanical Properties –tensile strength, compressive strength, flexural strength, impact strength, tear resistance, etc. Electrical Properties –include dielectric constant, dielectric strength, dissipation factor, surface and volume resistivity, static decay, etc. Thermal Properties –mechanical properties changed together with temperature. These include thermal expansion coefficient, heat deflection temperature, vicat softening point, etc. Optical –transmit light, includes refractive index, transmittance and haze.
- Important prototyping attributes: Mechanical Properties – fatigue strength – ability to withstand large numbers of load cycles in different stress levels.
- Aging Properties (UV, creep) – ability to withstand exposure to ultraviolet light with an acceptable amount of degradation; ability to withstand extended applications of forces to the part with acceptable levels of permanent deflection.
- Parts made by Prototype Design Company are suitable for a special use by regulatory organizations like medical, food service or consumer application. Examples include UL, CSA, FDA, FCC, ISO ,EC.