Many prototype plastic molding processes are great for testing form and fit, but often there is simply no substitute for testing with the real rapid injection molding parts and material. When your production tooling won’t be ready for months, rapid injection molding is a great way to receive parts quickly and inexpensively. We can use various materials and techniques to create bridge tooling for prototype injection molding testing and short run injection molding evaluation.
At WayKen, our technologies provide complete tool making capability and immediate support for plastic molding modifications. Injection molds can be produced in cast steel, aluminum, P-20 or high-grade tool steel
WayKen On Demand provides low volume injection molding and rapid tooling (mold making) to turnaround your spec material parts within 2-3 weeks. If you are ready to go into production, take advantage of the high-speed machining, EDM, molding presses, and wide selection of materials. By offering rapid tooling and rapid injection molding together, you get your complex and intricate parts faster and at a reduced cost. We can deliver prototypes and short run injection molding engineering-grade thermoplastics fast, reducing your time to market. Our variety of press sizes allow us to meet your plastic injection molding needs from 10 to 100,000 parts.
Benefits of Rapid Injection Molding Service
- Rapid Tooling- the material of rapid tooling will mainly be soft steel (such as P-20) and aluminum (such as 7075 T-6 aerospace grade aluminum). Rapid tooling lowers the cost to build a mold as opposed to hard steel because it can be machined 15%-30% faster, polished 3-10 times faster, and is in lighter weight. Rapid tooling also provide easier temperature control allowing faster cycle times and the ability to remove the plastic parts at lower temperatures resulting in less product distortion.
- Low Volume Injection Molding Production – From “lights out” press runs with robotic pickers to manual hand pick-outs, to overmolding, or production orders, tailor your production needs with our injection molding capabilities.
- Molding Materials- Select from over 200 items of prototype injection molding materials or provide your custom molding material to create your unique molded part.
- A Bridge Tool- Easily manage risk before going into production by taking advantage of the flexibility to create custom injection molded parts. You can either use this tooling for initial production or as a back-up option if your production tooling is delayed or waiting for changes.
- Overmolding- Easily combine the best properties of more than one material to create the perfect look and feel of your final product.