Posted on July. 22th, 2020, | By WayKen Rapid Manufacturing
With the rise in digitization in the manufacturing industry, machine shops welcomed Computerized Numeric Controlled [CNC] machines. Initial NC machines were built in the 1940s and 1950s and then were made sophisticated later in the 1970s with computerized control, CNC. Today, CNC machining services has seen such a sharp rise that it has outsmarted traditional machines in most factories at a global level.
The rise of CNC machine markets in the US – a big consumer of the CNC machining service – alone can be seen by the below graph.
The Changing Landscape of Manufacturing with CNC machining
As stated earlier CNC machines have had a significant impact on manufacturing realms. Let’s take a closer look.
- Embracing automation: CNC machining has not necessarily introduced any new object creation but has transformed the ways to produce the old objects. It has essentially digitized the processes, automated several tasks and as a result, welcomed a new business model. For example, with the CNC machine, both plastic and metal parts can be easily produced faster with automated programming for machining. Programming that is done and ran on a pilot basis before actual machining, leaves no room for errors and can be replicated several times.
- Meeting the 4th Industrial revolution needs: With the surge in modern technology with the 4th industrial revolution, manufacturing companies need to offer high-performance production methods and connected machine shops. Without computerized control, this would be nearly impossible. Furthermore, rapid prototyping with CNC directly from 3D CAD geometry is easy.
- Possibility of continuous and seamless operations: On the contrary to human operators, CNC machines can run for a long time by eliminating break hours for operators. Once the programs are set and fed to the controller, the operations can be continued except for machine maintenance and downtimes.
Positive Impacts of CNC machining Services on the Manufacturing Industry
High-quality prototype machining is the most desired requisite for any vertical across manufacturing. And CNC machining can offer this exactly with relatively low to almost nil hassle. Furthermore, the costs of CNC machining services are worth the quality of the final deliverables produced.
Here are some of the advantages that CNC machines have in store:
- Increased production rates
- Reduced scrap
- Higher quality and consistency of products
- Initialization of mass production
- Manufacturing of more complex parts
- Overall increased efficacies of machine shops
These impacts have essentially uplifted the machine shop’s efficiency to heights that the design engineers had never envisioned. CNC machining has offered smaller manufacturing companies to explore the options which were otherwise prohibited due to cost factors. All in all, the blow includes convenience, precision, and accuracy for projects done by staying in sync with designs.
At WayKen, our CNC machine operators meticulously develop codes from your design intents through close collaboration by leveraging our long-standing expertise in the industry.
Learn more our CNC prototyping services here.
CNC Machining Services at WayKen and Its Benefits for You
At Wayken, we offer a range of CNC machining services right from simple turning to complex part production and everything in between including:
Having a long-standing association with our global clientele, we offer cost-effective services tailored to our clients. Our machine shops have machines that include, 3 and 5 axis CNC milling machines, CNC turning lathes, quick-turn CNC machines, and much more at the ready disposal for our business partners.
The Wayken Benefits
Based out of China, WayKen’s CNC machining capabilities have delivered proven track records from the past across the globe. Your collaboration with WayKen will lead you to achieve benefits such as:
- Higher values of machining tolerances: We understand the importance of precise tolerances its impact upon the final assembly and hence we pay utmost attention to GD&Ts. Our CNC machines shops have 3 axes and 5 axes CNC machines capable to produce complex parts with tight tolerances to improvise functionality. Ranging from +/-0.005" (+/-0.125mm) to +/-0.002" (+/-0.05mm) as standard tolerances. However, if requested, we can also customize our machining operations and tolerances as per your part drawings.
- Variety of materials handled: Given our widespread client base and our machining capabilities at par, our CNC machining services spans over several industries. And to be able to meet the machining needs of every client, we handle an array of materials. WayKen’s capabilities include machining of soft plastic parts to soft metals such as aluminum, zinc, and hard metals such as steel, stainless steel, brass, and many more alike.
Lean into CNC Machining Partner for Lean Manufacturing
Once you realize the benefits of CNC implementation, there is no going back. To attain consistency, the key is to reduce production times and have better final form-finish of the product. And CNC machines offer exactly that. Once your organizational philosophy accepts this, adding secondary operations capabilities with 3 axes or 5 axes is not difficult. The simplest way is by collaborating with CNC machining companies like WayKen.
Secondly, mass production is slowing going obsolete with the current trend. What’s booming is mass customization – based on customers’ needs. This could be tricky when it comes to maintaining profits since keeping inventory is worthless as one wouldn’t tomorrow’s trending.
To avoid losses manufacturers need an agile ecosystem and lean operations. This can be achieved with CNC machining as they can handle very large volumes. Once you have custom design specifications, connect with your CNC manufacturing partner to produce the parts. It helps you stay lean.
Brace up to Embrace the New Bars of Quality
It’d not be an exaggeration to say that with CNC machines, one can easily see overall betterment in the quality of their deliverables. In fact, not only that, computerized control machining may seem costly initially but in the long runs, they invite huge economical savings. The reduced scrap and large volume handled at a time, give you an edge over the conventional machining operations.
Additionally, with an expert partner and a veteran in CNC machining services like WayKen, get ready to raise the bars of your manufacturing efficiencies. Discuss your project today and we guarantee you the best quote.